Saturday, September 1, 2007

Pictures from the Farm

I finally managed to put a few of my pictures up (am at the Jewells for the weekend!)
It's mainly the first 2 weeks, so there's more to come...
Still, hopefully they give you a slight impression of my life on the farm!
I'm enjoying it more and more, once all your clothes are covered in mud, you don't really care
where you put your hands into, how long or dirty the work is…
Luckily the tasks are very different (even though a lot of it has to do with mowing lawn,
weeds, plants, mud, things like that…), so it doesn't get boring.
Every now and then, we have to drive in one of the nearer townships, Otaki, Levin, Waikanae
or Paraparaumu, to make grocery shopping, bring ordered products to the post or couriers, or to go to customers. That's really good, as it gives you a break from the physically very challenging work and that way I see a lot of the surrounding countryside.
Well hope everyone is alright and enjoys her/himself!





This is the Farm and the meadows surrounding it.

The livestock of the Farm, Jade the Dog and the cows.

The newest member, a newborn calf.

The Bakery I've been working in for a night.

On the livestock auction I went to, a little lamb delivered in a box.



Me diggin, shaving gravel to fill holes in the road, me mowing the lawn.



The beach near the farm and Kapiti Island.


The tractor stuck in the river and a trailerload full of dirt.

Me on my 20th birthday

The essential thing on the farm.

A nice one of the Sky over the Farm.

No comments: