My first 2 days on the farm are now almost over, the people are really very nice, Thomas, a German chef and Cheryl his girlfriend, provide me with good food and a nice room. AND lots of work, I did lawn mowing on a little scooter like machine, good fun!
I worked a field, and the stones on this field with the pick axe, or did they work me?
I drove the Bulldog even with a trailer on, which I never did before.
I used the wheeteater to clear the stone cleared field form patches of grass and cow sh"", which eventually was throwen all over me by the wheeteater, but nevermind! I just took a hot shower!
We drove the Trailer in a river, to get rid of the stones, but lost the trailer in the river, got it back on without getting wet! I took quite a lot of photos, but can't put them on now, as they don't have a proper USB-Port, so I just will post them when I got back.
So far everything is well, but my muscles will probably be terribly sour tomorrow...
So much to my first days on the farm, it's nice, but I don't know if I'm going to do a month!
(Ohh and I will come back to Wellington, on the 1. Sept. for Sarah's birthday, keep the hot bath running, I'll need it!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIC!
...wishing you the time of your life (which you are having anyway at the moment aye).
See you later mate!
Martin
Post a Comment