Monday, December 17, 2007

Summer is here

It's really getting summer now, temperatures are rising and the activities are more like you'd expect from summer, even tough fake snow and Christmas-fairy-lights give a different impression...
I've been working on my uni application the last weeks, so I didn't post a lot. I'm still working on it, but I felt that I was neglecting my blog a bit, after I got a mail saying that 115 people visited so far. At least 15 of those visitors didn't see any changes since their last visit...
So here are a couple of photos, from the last weeks.

The Eastbourne walk.


As Dyk covered in his blog, we did a fairly exhausting, but well visited walk over to Eastbourne, and visited the Firth kittens afterwards. I'm not a big kitten fan, but Dyk and the girls were quite attracted by the fury things.

These two shots are from the Morris dinner at a Indian restaurant, really good food, even though some were complaining that it's quite spicy.


The Oriental Bay Duathlon.
On Saturday morning, Noreen did her Duathlon, 3.5km run and 400m swim (as far as I remember). She did really well. I didn't take any photos, but made a movie, here a couple of stills from the movie.

Jen explaining the coverage of the event, with cameras all over the track, and the start of the race.

Noreen and Jane in action.


Noreen in the pool and only one of 2 portions of chips, plus a few coffees and cakes afterwards.



This is the movie, it's about 23Mb big, and exact 10min long (a web version, the original is slightly longer), I recommend it only for highspeed connection, but you can always try!
The Smith creek walk.



A walk, which only 4 of us did. Up and down a ridge to Smiths Creek, for a sit down at the river and a couple of Dyk's really awesome sandwiches. After that pretty straight uphill back on the other side of the ridge. We did underestimated the walk a bit and were all a bit shattered afterwards, but it was quite rewarding and interesting.

Apart from that I did quite a bit of working for RA the last weeks, but they've got a Christmas break now, so I'm finished with playing waiter at least until January. I really enjoyed working there, even looked alright in their uniform...

No comments: